What's new

OLD BUCKLE?

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2009
Messages
1,909
Reaction score
785
Golden Thread
0
Location
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could this be a knee or shoe buckle and approximate date.
Thanks, Broken Knee
 

Attachments

  • eagle 086.webp
    eagle 086.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 322
:icon_thumleft:

Yes and a nice one to :o...1660-1720 :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
:icon_thumleft:

Yes and a nice one to :o...1660-1720 :icon_thumleft:

SS
SS, I'm still amazed at what I'm finding. Check out the eagle pic's in today's finds. Posted under today's finds west of the muddy mile.
BK
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Where does all the 1600s stuff go now that I'm thinking about it? And what about 1500s? You never hear anything from them.
 
Upvote 0
kyphote said:
Where does all the 1600s stuff go now that I'm thinking about it? And what about 1500s? You never hear anything from them.
We find some 1600 stuff here in Florida but population was very, very sparse. I dont think the very early colonists had much.
 
Upvote 0
Here in Florida all colonies failed south of Saint Augustine and the Calusa tortured and killed any shipwreck survivors prior to 1715. But apparently the colonies further north were more successful. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
kyphote said:
Where does all the 1600s stuff go now that I'm thinking about it? And what about 1500s? You never hear anything from them.
We find some 1600 stuff here in Florida but population was very, very sparse. I dont think the very early colonists had much.
This I believe to be true as well! When I find things here that start getting back to that date it is in small remote areas and not alot of it metal wise to be found.Just my experience.Pushing those type dates would be hard to get alot from one site I think.Here anyway!
 
Upvote 0
kyphote said:
Where does all the 1600s stuff go now that I'm thinking about it? And what about 1500s? You never hear anything from them.
kypote, it go's into a box and the 1500's stuff is still in the UK :laughing7:
Broken Knee
so far the oldest thing I have found was the coin weight 1610 i keep looking though
 

Attachments

  • square coin 014.webp
    square coin 014.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 172
  • square coin 014.webp
    square coin 014.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 184
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom