What's new

Old Button ID

FunWithTreasure

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
783
Reaction score
347
Golden Thread
0
Found this the other day, It was so heavily encrusted I had no other option but to brush it. I know it has no value just more interested in finding out if it was used for anything military? It looks like a dog or a dragon it is the size of a quarter made of copper and is a 2 piece with a older style shank. Cant read anything on the back. Any ideas
 

Attachments

  • b1.webp
    b1.webp
    69.7 KB · Views: 292
  • b2.webp
    b2.webp
    76.5 KB · Views: 320
I have a pretty good imagination but I can't even begin to make a dog or dragon out of that. My first thought was a mountain scene.

Whatever it depicts, it is probably a Victorian era picture button. Do a google search on "picture button" and you'll see what I'm talking about.

571.jpg


A pic of the back might be helpful in dating the find.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
I clearly see a bird, which would probably make it a sporting button.
 

Attachments

  • bird.webp
    bird.webp
    50.4 KB · Views: 261
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom