What's new

Old Buttons

undertaker

Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2006
Messages
562
Reaction score
337
Golden Thread
0
Location
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
I picked up these buttons that were in a peanut butter jar in a antique shop. Some look dug and have rusted out backs. I was wondering if there were any good ones of the bunch and what time period they are from.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8007.webp
    IMG_8007.webp
    63.2 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_7990.webp
    IMG_7990.webp
    75.4 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 10
You bought a bunch of buttons there,but as to age I will let those experts decide.I see two WW 1 OR 2 in that bunch.
 
The 2 big buttons with the Eagle on them are Great Seal Buttons that started in 1902. They were used in both WW1 & WW2.
 
The one on your far right might be the oldest but I can't zoom in enough. The rest are 20th C.
 
Thanks for the info. I picked them up for $8.00 for the whole lot. I dig buttons metal detecting now and then and find a few looking for arrowheads along lake shores. Most are older colonial flat buttons some with light engraved designs but not many. Saw these and liked the look of them but had a feeling they were newer because of the two piece design and most have that convext front.
 
Nice button score, they are in very good condition. Looks like three may be band related.
 
Great finds not all our finds are in the ground!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom