What's new

Old Buttons

MommaRosie

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jun 5, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone tell me about these buttons found in my grandmother's button box?
I think the silver one is Civil War era, possibly Union, but I don't know if it's a replica. The other someone on Reddit said it was Department of Justice, but I can't find anything on it.
 

Attachments

  • 20210604_155417.webp
    20210604_155417.webp
    151.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 20210604_155451.webp
    20210604_155451.webp
    88.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 20210604_155515.webp
    20210604_155515.webp
    180.7 KB · Views: 115
The first one is definitely a modern civilian fashion button. Below is a link to the Waterbury button web site showing it. I can't find the second button on that site but I am pretty sure it is also a fashion button. It is a two piece button made to look like a three piece one and the self shank back is another clue to its fashion style.


https://waterburybutton.com/product/eagle-shield-4/
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
12
Views
1K
Replies
15
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom