What's new

Old Canteen Identification Needed

diggummup

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
17,871
Reaction score
10,149
Golden Thread
0
Location
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked this up earlier today at a sale as a wall hanger. Figured it's CW or earlier by the looks of it. Just trying to confirm and get some opinions on this piece. Approx. 6" diameter not including the spout. About 4 1/4" wide. What do you think?

IMG_5559 (1175x1280).webpIMG_5560 (1234x1280).webpIMG_5556 (1280x842).webpIMG_5557 (1280x940).webpIMG_5558 (1280x872).webp
 
You got some fries to go with that Big Mac? I'll take the number 2. Any info on it? Post or pre CW era?
 
Upvote 0
The only thing I saw was "old west canteen"...

Pintrest sucks. heh
 
Upvote 0
Yeah, that's about what I find. Cowboy or 49'ers canteen. Thanks
 
Upvote 0
Picked this up earlier today at a sale as a wall hanger. Figured it's CW or earlier by the looks of it. Just trying to confirm and get some opinions on this piece. Approx. 6" diameter not including the spout. About 4 1/4" wide. What do you think?

View attachment 1594392View attachment 1594393View attachment 1594394View attachment 1594395View attachment 1594396

I wouldn't want to drink out of that - unless I really, really needed to... and I remember times when I would have guzzled whatever that thing held but that was long, long ago and far, far away.
HH
dts
 
Upvote 0
dts52
Yeah I would have drank from it too back in the day, but with all the lead solder in it I can't remember if I did....

Cool find diggummup
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom