What's new

Old Cent Found in Pocket change

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2010
Messages
1,376
Reaction score
276
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
So today I was looking at my change from McDonalds only to find that I got a wheat penny from 1912 in change! :hello2: Its not particularly rare or in exceptional condition but it looks shiny and is old and it made my day. Anyone else find old coins in change lately?

No pics because I don't have a good camera and my cell phone camera's pics just show that its an 1912 penny, nothing about condition. Oh and there isn't any mintmark on it.
 
Upvote 0
Generic_Lad said:
So today I was looking at my change from McDonalds only to find that I got a wheat penny from 1912 in change! :hello2: Its not particularly rare or in exceptional condition but it looks shiny and is old and it made my day. Anyone else find old coins in change lately?

No pics because I don't have a good camera and my cell phone camera's pics just show that its an 1912 penny, nothing about condition. Oh and there isn't any mintmark on it.

It all adds up. Good catch! :icon_thumleft:
 
Mc Donald's is a good place to get silver or interesting coins in your change. It is worth it to ask about halves and coins when you visit there. The kids scrape up their burger money from all kinds of sources....
- Grizz
 
Good score :thumbsup:
HH..Miner
 
Its also a nice town that I think I will score well, its the town where I'm attending college and is a traditional college town, I haven't hit up the banks quite yet (don't have much cash on hand at the moment being a poor college student... :tongue3: ) I got a 10 Cent coin from Argentina at Burger King the other day too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom