old charm with stone, copper

malenkai

May 4, 2016
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit a field today that I have been working off and on over the past few years, which has given up quite a few coppers and a seated half dime.

Today, pulled another toasted largie (1823, which seems a semi-key date, tho worthless in dug condition
mad.gif
; my 8th copper coin of the year), and a copper charm with some sort of stone.

I don't know if the stone is a diamond or otherwise precious, and have no idea how to figure it out, but it is cool find something like this that seems likely as old as the largie (it was found about 20 feet away, and most targets here are 1800s or earlier).

Its cool the way rays were carved to radiate out from the stone. Unfortunately, it was a heavy clouded day so I could not see what it looks like in the sun.

Maybe it is not a charm but a small pendant. I can't conceive of 200 year old charm bracelets, but WDIK?

Any insight into the charm/pendant would be appreciated.

032322.jpg

Upvote 17

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a field today that I have been working off and on over the past few years, which has given up quite a few coppers and a seated half dime.

Today, pulled another toasted largie (1823, which seems a semi-key date, tho worthless in dug condition
mad.gif

I don't know if the stone is a diamond or otherwise precious, and have no idea how to figure it out, but it is cool find something like this that seems likely as old as the largie (it was found about 20 feet away, and most targets here are 1800s or earlier).

Its cool the way rays were carved to radiate out from the stone. Unfortunately, it was a heavy clouded day so I could not see what it looks like in the sun.

Maybe it is not a charm but a small pendant. I can't conceive of 200 year old charm bracelets, but WDIK?

View attachment 2017138
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mad.gif

View attachment 2017138
No insight,but it,s pretty,I like it.

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe it is only cut to simulate the sparkle of a gem stone or diamond. These were popular items when I grew up in the later 70'-mid 80's. They were sold at early mall kiosks and low end costume jewelry stores in malls. It might be real silver though.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

mad.gif

View attachment 2017138
cool finds, looks like that soil is hard on relics

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread