What's new

OLD CHURCH BASEBALL FIELD

49er

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Received permission to hunt a church baseball field that was used in the 20's, 30's and 40's. I was so stoked the night before the hunt I had a dream of pullin silver from the ground. But dreams are quickly dashed a way once I started detecting the field. Weeds where two foot high, with undercover almost two inches thick. When I did get a faint signal and pin-pointed my target I all dug up was parts of beer cans, pull-tabs, wire and a plate with two nails through it. Will have to make a special trip back during spring time when weeds are down from winters snow. I had the opportunity to meet a landowner who informed me of a mud house that was once on his property near the church baseball field. It was in walking distance from his land so off I went to try to find a something. Again luck was on my wrong side and only found a metal plate.

I guess the detector god's where unfavorable for me today. Oh well received permission to hunt another site today which has some promise...I hope.

49er
 
Upvote 0
Another reason/example of why someone needs to come up with a weedeater-detector combo. ;D

Hang in there and maybe you find some good stuff in the spring.
 
mastereagle22 said:
Another reason/example of why someone needs to come up with a weedeater-detector combo. ;D

Hang in there and maybe you find some good stuff in the spring.

I like that idea. Bet ya could make a million. Weeds are too tall down here to hunt any good places, got to wait untill winter when it all dies off.
 
Congrats on getting permission, lol, I'd have to mow it so I could hunt it. Hope it produces some nice finds once you're able to get to it.

Smitty
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom