What's new

old copper

donkarlos

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2012
Messages
658
Reaction score
309
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Sov gt, Ctx
I'm a clad and junk ring finder primarily so even the occasional barber dime is a treat. I pulled this king george out of the dry sand and instantly saw the date. My guess is that it hadn't seen saltwater yet, so it must have been the result of erosion. I can't imagine getting an earlier find. HH and thanks for looking.

ForumRunner_20141019_203841.webp



ForumRunner_20141019_203859.webp
 
Upvote 0
Terrific find, donkarlos!:headbang:

Lorraine
 
Great find and the coin itself looks great with the patina

powered by pull tabs
 
Wow...its in great shape for a coin that old...beautiful find...congrats...have you found old coins at that beach before?
 
Wow...its in great shape for a coin that old...beautiful find...congrats...have you found old coins at that beach before?

Not really - once in a while a silver dime shows up. I do find the clad, though. The only other notable beach coin would be this George II which took me months to decipher.


ForumRunner_20141020_205344.webp
 
That is an incredible find! Many congrats to you.
 
its in awesome shape - I found one in a farm field earlier this year
 
Thanks. I'm still in awe..this one might take a while for me to top.
 
Go back and find the gold one! Very cool, old piece.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom