- Joined
- Apr 24, 2010
- Messages
- 13,021
- Reaction score
- 28,183
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Upper Canada 🇨🇦
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
I found this on Wednesday while hunting the frontyard of an 1870's farm house. The item that I'm trying to I.D. is pictured with the Barber for scale. I found that one earlier this summer.
I think the piece is made of brass, it measures about 2" long and has a metal 'loop' welded or soldered into the middle of it. I might attempt to 'clean it up a bit' to see if that will bring out more detail.
I've also pictured one of the other pieces I found on the same site . . . an old copper hair clip, it's very thick too! 
Thanks,
Dave
I think the piece is made of brass, it measures about 2" long and has a metal 'loop' welded or soldered into the middle of it. I might attempt to 'clean it up a bit' to see if that will bring out more detail.

Thanks,
Dave







