jvav

Mar 11, 2013
Garwin IA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Spectrum XLT, AT-Pro, Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a permission I've been wanting to try for a while now. Drove by it today and they have mowed off where the front yard would have been and surrounding the foundation which is still there. To the east of this farm is where the old Great Western rail road tracks were. Found the usual farm house trash. What I did happen to find was a couple Indian heads one of which was placed on the tracks which I think is one of the coolest things I've found. Also dug a Colorado 2 cent retail tax token and a play money dime. The heart ring thing not sure what it is but thought it looked cool and will probably reuse it in the house decor somewhere.

Attachments

• 1490993720534.jpg
    1490993720534.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 96
  • 1490993733930.jpg
    1490993733930.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 16

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds
Keep em coming

SweepNbeep

Mar 3, 2017
The North Star State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Other
Very cool finds. I believe that Colorado sales tax token was only worth a fraction of a cent during the great depression. They were used to make exact change on small purchases, when the sales tax was less than a cent. That way people didn't have to fork over an entire cent, when only a fraction of a cent was due. I only know that because I found one in Mississippi this winter, and I looked it up. Interesting little pieces of history, they are.

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, nice flattened Indian head. Cool Colorado tax token, too.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff, Jvav..I remember my summer days hanging out in the creek under the train tressel, and would scurry up and place coins on the tracks when we heard the train coming. We had to put 4 or 5 on the track to get a couple successfully "squashed", as they would usually vibrate off before the train arrived...thx for sharing, took me back to a good place...Ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions