What's new

Old farm in Ohio - help ID an old handle?

bailboo03

Greenie
Joined
Oct 9, 2012
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dayton, OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705; Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this today while metal detecting with my new Ace 250 on an 1800's farm. I found it near an old stone house near the main farmhouse. It was only about 2 inches below the surface but the area floods each spring. Not sure what it is. It has "55" stamped on the various parts.

Thanks
 
Last edited:
bottom view ? maybe a bike bell ? or ?
 
Here are some better pics, both front and back
 

Attachments

  • handle back.webp
    handle back.webp
    97.4 KB · Views: 238
  • handle front.webp
    handle front.webp
    88.3 KB · Views: 231
door bell lever
 
Very Nice Love the Art work on it.
 
is that a positive ID or a really good guess?
 
Last edited:
[h=1]http://www.urbanremainschicago.com look at this, original and intact c. 1870's high victorian ornamental cast bronze interior residential "servant call" wall-mount bell lever - possibly p. & f. corbin co., new britain, ct.[/h]UR #: UR-14840-12
 
Wow! I mean...just...wow! I love history! Very cool! Thanks for finding that for me!
 
no problem it may nt be exact year but is in the ballpark for ya
Wow! I mean...just...wow! I love history! Very cool! Thanks for finding that for me!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom