Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have finally found an MD partner.I met and hooked up with civilman1.I have permission for us to hunt a farm on Sugarloaf Mtn in Maryland.I was not into civil war stuff until he showed me the VERY nice breast plate that he found which sparked my interest pretty hard.He has done some research and found there was some skirmishes and activity in this area.The farm is 500 acres, so its gonna take some time.We met there this morning and went at it.With so much land ,where to start?I figured we should go down by the creek.I figured to water horses and such ,should be a likely spot.We hunted about 3hrs,and covered a very small area.Went to lunch and got back to the farm when to weather had taken a DRASTIC change for the worst.It got very windy, cold, and rainy.We ended our hunt then.Id like to say this was my 2nd hunt with civilman,and he is a very cool guy.We are putting together some sites to hunt together.I t was great to hunt with a fellow MDer and I look forward to hunting/being friends with him for a long time.This was my first experience hunting with a goal of finding CW relics and in all metal mode.I dug 2- .22 cal shell casings,a .22 bullet,a peters paper 12 gauge shotgun shell,what appears to be a part of a file,and a Whatsit.Oh well ,no CW relics today but I had one of the best times hunting that I can remember.As I thought ,it was GREAT to hunt with someone for a change.Perhaps we will find something better another day.I guess civilman1 will post his finds.

Thanx for lookin,jimmy

Attachments

• farm 1.jpg
    farm 1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 388
  • farm 2.jpg
    farm 2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 397
  • farm 3.jpg
    farm 3.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 379
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Getty

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
justgeese said:
You are very welcome Jimmy. Advantage I have is being raised on a farm by a grandfather that believed the old methods were better than the modern one's LOL...If you check the base of that piece there should be a square hole in it if my memory serves me correct. Good luck on your CW hunting
Don

Thanx again geese,I took it to a farmer who took me to an old sickle bar that he had and showwed me where the piece was from.

OP
OP
Getty

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Free 2 Dtect said:
This site should produce alot of nice stuff Jimmy. Was this close to the battle of Sharpsburg also known as Antiem? If so, i believe lots of troups were in that area.

There was alot of CW activity at this site, free.It is not near Antietem,but civilman has researched and found some skirmishes and fighting for control of the mtn.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread