What's new

Old flag pole tip?

DetectorMoe

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2013
Messages
906
Reaction score
4,405
Golden Thread
1
Location
SouthEast North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox800, ATpro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could this be flag pole tip? Found at a random spot.. Does anyone know the time frame?
IMG_1880.webp IMG_1884.webp IMG_1882.webp IMG_1881.webp
 
That is a tip off of a neck yoke for either a buggy or a carriage.
 
Upvote 0
That is a tip off of a neck yoke for either a buggy or a carriage.

Close. :)

I am gonna go with a "furniture foot"... an I will tell you why... :)

The end has been worn down... this is A-typical of a furniture foot.

When carriage utilization is considered... the wear will be on a side.
 
Upvote 0
Close. :)

I am gonna go with a "furniture foot"... an I will tell you why... :)

The end has been worn down... this is A-typical of a furniture foot.

When carriage utilization is considered... the wear will be on a side.

Not on a neck yoke..
 
Upvote 0
Not on a neck yoke..

I am not familiar with one... could you find a pic and post... also OP would like as well... I am sure.
 
Upvote 0
I am not familiar with one... could you find a pic and post... also OP would like as well... I am sure.

Here you go..not exact, but pretty close.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 8.32.01 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 8.32.01 PM.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 60
Upvote 0
Ahh yes... I see where you are with this... looks like one.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom