What's new

Old Flat Button... please help ID or date.

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2017
Messages
1,597
Reaction score
3,492
Golden Thread
0
Location
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this last week... last hunt with my Quicksilver before I got an ACE 300 from my family for my birthday. The picture below is brightened up a bit so you can better see the details, The graph paper is about 5 squares to an inch, but I'll attach a better picture with a penny or something for scale later, also of the other side, which is just flat.

button.webp

I don't know anything about buttons, and I can't make a guess on its age because I found it in a plowed garden where the depths of everything is all mixed up. In the area I also found some aluminum cans, a modern penny and a Union Railway "new aluminum" token from 1934.

The site I was hunting was a vineyard a while back, a dot showed up in the 1870s map, not in the 1850s or 1900s maps though and the house currently constructed on site was built in 1920 if that gives any idea of the possible date range.

Please post a guess of the date or any info you might have about this, button!

Thanks for reading.
 
Upvote 2
My educated guess...Civilian, 1800-1830

aj
 
Can't read the back-mark clearly but circa 1830
 
Thank you Crusader and ajaj. I really appreciate it. The reason I was having a hard time before is because I thought it was about 50 years newer and I was not finding anything similar (yes, I know that little about buttons). :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom