Old Florenta brass switch plates

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In helping my father in law clean out his basement, we came across a few items I listed on ebay for him, some Blenko (?) art glass pieces, and a box of these vintage brass electrical switch plates. I listed them in two BIN listings by design, as "vintage hollywood regency Florenta of California (the name marked on the back) switchplates", the cherub style at $39.99, and the rose floral design at $29.99, and they sold to the same buyer in less than an hour. I should have listed them higher! Oh well, I made my father in law about $60 after fees, and he'll be happy with that, because he was going to throw them out. I've got to keep and eye out for more of this type of item!

Attachments

• Cherub 1.jpg
    Cherub 1.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 377
  • Rose 1.jpg
    Rose 1.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice work! A lot of old architectural stuff sells very well. I had some vintage ceramic bathroom accessories (soap dish, toothbrush holder, and towel bars) a few months back. They sold for about $30 each.

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya you should have ran those as an auction because those are nice ones & look to be in great shape! I bet you could have gotten nearly double what you got! Old Glass & porcelain door knobs + cabinet knobs do very well too. Glass ones usually do better than the porcelain do.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread