What's new

Old gold digger probably lost these

Wildcat

Full Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2009
Messages
242
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Queensland
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 2 x Gold Snoops Whites Bullseye Pinpointer
Old gold digger probably lost these

The blades on the Whittingslowe knife Part No 41 still open and close smoothly.
The Glass on the Magnifier has suffered but it is still a nice find.

The Cat
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1257.webp
    DSCN1257.webp
    34.7 KB · Views: 3,366
Re: Old gold digger probably lost these

Very nice relic finds. I enjoy those type of finds more than I do coins. You did good. If only they could talk. HH
 
Re: Old gold digger probably lost these

Very nice finds !
 
Re: Old gold digger probably lost these

Ha Ha, good one Rando, I love a comedian.... I have committed sacriledge!! I cleaned up the knife.
I couldn't stand to see all the rust on the blades.

The Cat
 

Attachments

  • Knife.webp
    Knife.webp
    36.2 KB · Views: 3,287
Re: Old gold digger probably lost these

Gday
new here
found this pic of knife while looking for info on the knife i have in my hands
identical and in the same condition
IMG_0155.jpg

mine belonged to my Grandfather and was issued to him during WW2
So digger would be correct as thats what they called somebody in the Australian army
A trench digger
interesting site
Im a knife maker and collector
but i have a heap of my grandfathers war gear
looking forward to sharing the pics
cheers
 
Re: Old gold digger probably lost these

Nice finds Wildcat, I prefer 'relic's' also, Welcome MattyDee.

Fossis...........
 
Re: Old gold digger probably lost these

Thanks for your comments folks. It is always nice to dig up something 'different' It's a bit like a time machine, history was being made as they lost these items. Then we find them and lose ourselves in imagination as to how it happened. I reackon the old blokes would be smiling down...

The Cat
 
Re: Old gold digger probably lost these

Wildcat said:
The blades on the Whittingslowe knife Part No 41 still open and close smoothly.
The Glass on the Magnifier has suffered but it is still a nice find.

The Cat
That knife and eye piece is worth a mint, don't take less than 450 to 500 for it
 
Re: Old gold digger probably lost these

Thanks Guys, Na, I wouldn't sell them anyway. It dosen't show, but the glass is still in the loupe, it is just a bit scratched.


The Cat
 
Re: Old gold digger probably lost these

I just cried a little inside after seeing the pics after cleaning.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom