Old Gold Sealed Policy Holder

Sis

Jan 29, 2013
Breezy Hills
Detector(s) used
Dreams, Spirits, Premonitions
Primary Interest:
Other
My father was USA Army. Unfortunately, he died at 55 after being eat up from the inside by Agent Orange poisoning. He left to me an old gold sealed insurance policy from the American Airmens Society.

The businesses associated with this gold seal policy that dates more than 50 years ago include:
These have been sent emails...

1. ATT
  2. Union Pacific
  3. Eastman Kodak
  4. Chrysler
  5. Goodyear Tire
  6. DOW
  7. International Bus
  8. Liberty National
  9. Westinghouse
  10. US Steel
  11. GE
  12. Sears Roebuck
  13. American Tobacco
  14. Texas Company (TEXACO)

more that haven't been sent emails:

1. General Motors
  2. International Nickel
  3. Kroger Stores
  4. 3M - Minn. Mining & MFG.
  5. Park Davis Drug
  6. Standard Oil of NJ (ExxonMobil)
  7. Union Oil of Cal.(Chevron)
  8. United Aircraft
  9. Bethlehem Steel now Mittal Steel
  10. American National Insurance Company
  11. Colonial Life
  12. Commonwealth Life
  13. Connecticut General Life
  14. Continental Assurance Company - now CNA or The Hartford
  15. Continental Casualty Company - now CNA or The Hartford
  16. Franklin Life - now Investors Heritage Life Insurance Company
  17. Gulf Life Insurance - now American General Life and Accident
  18. Jefferson Standard Life - now Jefferson-Pilot part of the The Lincoln Financial Group
  19. American Can - now Rexam
  20. Life & Casualty Insurance Co. of Tennessee - now American General Insurance
  21. Lincoln National Life
  22. National Life & Accident Insurance - now American General
  23. Republic National Life - now American General Life Insurance Company
  24. Southland Life - Now ING
  25. Southwestern Life - now REASSURE AMERICA LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY?
  26. The Travelers Insurance Co.
  27. The United States Life - Now the US Coast Guard?
  28. Safeway

No one seems to know what this is - In fact, the head guy over all insurance called me, but he was puzzled about it too and promised to call me back when he found anything out about it. He gave me his info, but things have been moved around and I've not found them again to contact him. If you sir, are reading this the phone number has been changed, but the address is still the same - if nothing else contact me here, please.

American-Airmen-Society.jpg

American-Airmen-Society-2.jpg

It's dated 1957. * Signature Hidden

Not sure what to do or who to talk too to get this moving along.
If it's any good or not, I'd like to know and if not then it is a rare piece of history...

Thoughts, ideas and comments welcome.
Thanks!

Last edited:

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't know what that is, but it sounds like your about to get HOOKED up!!!! Also, cover the names/signatures on that stuff before you scan it. Too much identity fraud crap going on. Not trying to tell you how to live or nothing, this isn't some attack haha. I work in Corrections and you wouldn't believe the horrid identity stuff I've seen. Get yo' money, or rather your dad's money.
Sorry about him passing so early btw, I can't imagine the pain he had inside him, so sorry Sis.
Oh, and seriously hire a lawyer for that. SOOOO many big company names and SOOOO many lines just screaming at me that your about to hit the motherlode.

OP
OP
Sis

Sis

Jan 29, 2013
Breezy Hills
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
*EDIT*

Attachment added after hiding the signature.

Thank you LinkHylian. I removed the 2nd attachment with the seal and signature.
He was definitely an ailing man. There is no cure for or anything to relieve the pain of Agent Orange.
There's no extra money for a lawyer. I had one take a look at it while doing something else.
I know they are suppose to keep their thoughts in check, but I noticed the interest that took his face as well as the eyebrow arch while, he was reading it.
All he said to me then was, "It's real. When you find out more about it come back to see me."

Last edited:

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never heard of the group/company. My only advise would be to contact your states insurance company regulator. If anyone can help it would prob be them.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was this the only document? It certainly does not look like a policy? It has no amount invested, face value, policy holders name, etc, etc. it's more of a description of a proposed policy/fund.

It looks like they were setting up what we today would call a mutual fund. The list of companies were going to be the Stocks that they invested the money in.

Those companies would have absolutely no idea what this doc is as they had absolutely nothing to do with it. They were just stocks in a fund.

You might want to try the insurance regulator or commerce folks down in Texas. I think the key will be does this organization still exist or did it change into something else or just go away.

It does not look like its an "insurance company" and more like knights of Columbus, elks or masons.

I wouldn't get too excited about reclaiming anything. I think it will be a real long shot.

OP
OP
Sis

Sis

Jan 29, 2013
Breezy Hills
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Was this the only document? It certainly does not look like a policy? It has no amount invested, face value, policy holders name, etc, etc. it's more of a description of a proposed policy/fund.

It looks like they were setting up what we today would call a mutual fund. The list of companies were going to be the Stocks that they invested the money in.

Those companies would have absolutely no idea what this doc is as they had absolutely nothing to do with it. They were just stocks in a fund.

You might want to try the insurance regulator or commerce folks down in Texas. I think the key will be does this organization still exist or did it change into something else or just go away.

It does not look like its an "insurance company" and more like knights of Columbus, elks or masons.

I wouldn't get too excited about reclaiming anything. I think it will be a real long shot.

Thank you 0121stockpicker, I appreciate your advice and will see what else I can find out. Yes, this is the only document I have. Thanks again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread