What's new

Old gold

goldbill

Full Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
161
Reaction score
87
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
whites v3 deus v4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O. K. Everyone says these guys on the what is it forum can I.D. anything. This was found on the bottom of a river in Maine .There was a lot of early activity on this river. Here are some pics. I haven't had this weighted yet but will Monday I hope. Goldbill
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0483.webp
    DSCF0483.webp
    80.6 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCF0484.webp
    DSCF0484.webp
    76.5 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCF0485.webp
    DSCF0485.webp
    25 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCF0486.webp
    DSCF0486.webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 108
There look to be a couple fasteners on the non-bell-shaped side - I'd be thinking a brass boat fixture of some sort or maybe a fishing reel handle.
 
Upvote 0
There look to be a couple fasteners on the non-bell-shaped side - I'd be thinking a brass boat fixture of some sort or maybe a fishing reel handle.
Awful small for something like that, ya think?

Pics aren't that good or large. I'd like to see a close up of pic 2 with it turned a little bit showing the flat side with the rectangular shaped protrusions on it. Also, is the round shaped part hollow? Those marks on it make it look like it "could" be. The title of your post is old gold, has this been tested, is it gold?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom