Old Hand Dug Holes Found And What Took Me There

oddrock said:
sandcreek4

I just got back from a field trip and was catching up on the posts and yours caught my eye. (the plow point is what did it) I was reading backwards and thought I had some answers for you... :laughing9: but some of it was being deleted about as fast as I could read it. Guess you got all the help you needed. Good Luck

Oddrock
I didn't delete anything, oddrock :dontknow: :icon_scratch: . Was it something someone else had posted? I've left everything because I'm still getting help with this from the other members on here.
Thanks for trying to help!
Shortstack said:
Sandcreek,
Got your PM and answered. :thumbsup: Yep, 66 is a multiple of 33. The highest degree of standing in the Masonic lodge is the 33rd degree, so take it from there. Keep in mind, you may find 16 and 1/2 feet and degrees of heading, too. (16.5 is one half of 33)
Thanks Shortstack! I thought I had read something about the 66 feet being a clue. I'm just learning as we go.

sandcreek4

My bad on thinking something was deleted. I drove all nite and had been up all day with out any sleep, so it was just my mind that was deleting. :laughing9:
The reference to 66 feet was what I could not find, and it was in your prior post!
I believe that you measure the plow point in inches and each inch in length will either be equal to a step or 36 inches(3 ft.)....or each inch measured is equal to 66 feet (one chain). You will need to find the next sign in order to know which you are dealing with. (steps or chains) If your next sign/object happens to be a piece of chain (tow chain, logging chain, etc.) you may need to count the number of links in it, then muliply by 66 feet or 3 feet. You may find items that to most people would only be junk, however I believe if they are laid out in exact measurements and or angles they are what you need to use in order to proceed. Good Luck!

Oddrock

Hello Folks, I'm at the library, just thought I would check and see how everyone is doing, I should have everything back sometime around the last part of March

Dsty

I found a rock with a hole in it yesterday. It had a removable plug in it that resembles concrete. Thought you might enjoy seeing it.

Oddrock

Attachments

• DSCF3951 (640x480).jpg
    DSCF3951 (640x480).jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 1,070
Rock, as found before removing the plug

Attachments

• DSCF3950 (640x480).jpg
    DSCF3950 (640x480).jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 1,068
Wow, that is very interesting indeed, I'm anxious to see what dsty's take on that is. It would seem that a plug made of a concrete-like material would not be easy to remove. :o

I also noticed what seems to be an upside-down horseshoe (or U,) a K, a couple other possible marks on the rock behind the plug hole. :icon_scratch:

Cool site!

Oddrock:
In post #107, could that be a hole in the shape of a rabbit in the left end of the rock?

I just found this thread! And I wanted to Thank All of You, especially dsty for all the Fantastic home schoolin! Peace to All! td

" Symbols Rule The World, Not Words Nor Laws " Confucious

Odd Rock..
Is the Plug a cut portion of large chain link?..looks like rusted Iron in the Pic..

Thank You everbody for the kind words, It may be that the drill hole may be 3 , 1 larger and 2 small ones, be sure and get all the measurements, depth width, distance between the holes measure using CM X foot and may be X 10, get the compass reading between the holes using a protractor, fold up the paper and put in your pocket for future reference. I think what you have a map of a triangle laid out with rocks. The lower right hand corner of the rock has a V or mouth showing you the direction and perhaps, depth = 222 CM and or distance or both. What you should find is 3 corners of a triangle each corner marked probably with a drill hole, get all the distance direction between the corners on a piece of paper fold it up and put it with the other one, one of the corners should have a direction indicator probably the direction you have been traveling 330 degrees ?, next the next marks you should find will be two and will be a copy of of what you will find matches two of the ones that are on the triangle, they show you two of the three corners then you will have find the other corner, don't be disappointed if it has an old hand dug hole nearby ( 200 ft ), find a drill hole with a narrow bottom and you have found one of the real corners ( Viking mooring hole used to anchor a ship/ cache ) I will explain my thinking ( right or wrong ) later on some on the Stone Masons symbols in Washington and How they match those you will find in the field. Kim has a wonderful example of those used on her Rattle Snake Hill site. Thanks Kim Hope this helps

Shortstack said:
Oddrock:
In post #107, could that be a hole in the shape of a rabbit in the left end of the rock?

SS

Could be.

Oddrock

goldguru said:
Odd Rock..
Is the Plug a cut portion of large chain link?..looks like rusted Iron in the Pic..

goldguru

It is not iron....looks like a mix of sand, gravel,....it is hard....maybe its "blood cement"?

Oddrock

In post #107 the head could be a rabbit, dog, horse, its ears laid back, could be leaving a place of danger, or going to a place of danger, make haste, mouth is the direction of travel tho

dsty:
On Oddrock's photo post #107 has some more stuff that I think supports the rabbit head. On the right is another hole that has the outline of either a hummingbird some other long billed bird. It's head tuft is a small owl head. The reason I left skipped places in the outline is to keep from blocking some letters. The yellow arrowhead points to a squared "U" shape with a spot in it's bottom. Doesn't that mean an open shaft or a water source??
With the rabbit's mouth and the bird's beak pointing in the same direction, could that drill hole give the distances and depth??

Edited: Could that bird shape actually be an owl with it's wings spread wide??

DSCF3950 (640x480).jpg

The V has a loose rock in front of it as most that's been made will have, all the Vs that I have I seen have the "plug" very close, sure hope this works, in stead of getting better with a computer I am getting worse

Attachments

• DSCF3950_(640x480)[1].jpg
    DSCF3950_(640x480)[1].jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 897
Don't try to read to much in this, go in the direction of the stick placed in the hole the same distance as the depth of the hole inches to paces( roughly 34" each). This is what I was tought along time ago.

Minetres

You may be right Greg, I see a rabbit with it's ears back and pointing to a trail that leads to the hole. And the stick in the hole could point to the trail on the ground, that leads to the hole/entry. td

Attachments

• DSCF3950 (640x480)RABBIT!.JPG
    DSCF3950 (640x480)RABBIT!.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 862
I just seen the rabbit, I would look on the top of a nearby hill, and around the edge for more carvings

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back