What's new

Old Homestead finds

fossis

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2007
Messages
7,837
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Location
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out today with Okiehillbilly to an old Homestead, it only had a barn & two wells left, one was hand dug, the other was a later date drilled well.
We found axe head, pick head, harness buckles, etc...., Okie picked some (poke Salat) to take home & cook that evening, we think one local hunter had found the coins before we detected it. :'(

Fossis..........
 

Attachments

  • Old Farm Finds 001.webp
    Old Farm Finds 001.webp
    180.1 KB · Views: 1,028
  • Old Farm Finds 002.webp
    Old Farm Finds 002.webp
    161.8 KB · Views: 1,038
  • Old Farm Finds 003.webp
    Old Farm Finds 003.webp
    385.9 KB · Views: 1,006
  • Old Farm Finds 004.webp
    Old Farm Finds 004.webp
    275.1 KB · Views: 1,013
  • Old Farm Finds 005.webp
    Old Farm Finds 005.webp
    230.4 KB · Views: 991
Nice hunt and great pics fossis. I'm sure with all that iron in the ground he missed a lot of goody's.

I've lived in the country all my life and never tried poke salat. I'm told it is good. Is it true you have to cook it multiple times to get rid of the poison? :dontknow: Would love to try it but just don't know how to prepare it. :icon_scratch:

Randy
 
Did you detect that well,I found one about 6 ft. deep about a year ago and I took a 5 gallon bucket with some holes punched in it and some rope,and a pair of gloves.It took about 2 hours before I noticed a difference in the amount of water still in the well.I had to quit and I haven't gotten back there yet,but I would like to try and see if there's anything in the bottom. :dontknow:
 
RPG said:
Nice hunt and great pics fossis. I'm sure with all that iron in the ground he missed a lot of goody's.

I've lived in the country all my life and never tried poke salat. I'm told it is good. Is it true you have to cook it multiple times to get rid of the poison? :dontknow: Would love to try it but just don't know how to prepare it. :icon_scratch:

Randy

Thanks, i've been told you have to boil the polk three times to make it safe to eat, we used to serve it with scrambled eggs, but it gives me (Montezuma's Revenge) when I eat it. ;D

Fossis..............
 
Produce Guy said:
Did you detect that well,I found one about 6 ft. deep about a year ago and I took a 5 gallon bucket with some holes punched in it and some rope,and a pair of gloves.It took about 2 hours before I noticed a difference in the amount of water still in the well.I had to quit and I haven't gotten back there yet,but I would like to try and see if there's anything in the bottom. :dontknow:

We didn't try the well, but I have been tempted to try a large magnet & a 'scoop on a pole' someday.

Fossis..........
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom