Old House or hunting camp

B

Burns

I know of a place where at one time there was a house or maybe a hunting camp.about twenty years ago there was still some little pieces of wood from structure still visible but no more the only thing that remains is a stone well (like the ones people have in there front yard made of wood). This location is about 3/4 of a mile from any road.

:?: What might expect to find in this location or others like it?

Anyone in PA (York/Harrisburg area) want to come with me after the white stuff goes away? :?:

Permission Should be easily obtained as I grew up with the land owers son and was already given permission to hunt(animals) and ride atvs on the land.

B

Bowman

You may find STUFF :D . Maybe gold or silver. Much Better then Cold White stuff :lol:

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
I would try to find out what the structure was earlier. Courthouse records, or by talking to old timers would be good. If it was a house: coins, dating back to well before the construction, and of course, plenty of junk; especially if the house was utilized by vagrants or was a spot where people would toss junk. If hunting was done there, I would expect to find plenty of old shell casings. If you are lucky, the house may have stopped being used before the pop-top/pull tab era!

Attachments

• good pics 002.JPG
    good pics 002.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 31
  • river trip 002.JPG
    river trip 002.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 26
  • snake n stuff 003.JPG
    snake n stuff 003.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 24
  • slippery when wet 001.JPG
    slippery when wet 001.JPG