What's new

Old Insulators

fossis

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2007
Messages
7,837
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Location
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought 45 Insulators at a Garage Sale for $10.00
five of them had Patent dates of May 2nd 1893.
some were clear glass, & the rest were green, most had copper wire still attached, but the one in the pic had steel wire.

I will keep one for my collection, & sell the rest.

HH Fossis...............
 

Attachments

  • Fossils 002.webp
    Fossils 002.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 1,537
Lets see...thats $10 divided by 44 =

Hmmmmmmmmm

Where's the bargain ;D
 
sell 4 at $5.00 each=$20.00
40 at $1.50 each=$60.00
---------
$80.00 total
-$10.00 purchase price
$70.00 profit

Fossis................. ;D
Or plan B, decorate the wife's flower beds.
 
fossis said:
....Or plan B, decorate the wife's flower beds.

Clustered together and hung at slightly varying heights, turned upsidedown, they make colorful birdfeeders in the summer. In the rest of the year they fill with water and/or ice and that isn't so good for birdseed. ;)
 
TreasureTales said:
fossis said:
....Or plan B, decorate the wife's flower beds.

Clustered together and hung at slightly varying heights, turned upsidedown, they make colorful birdfeeders in the summer. In the rest of the year they fill with water and/or ice and that isn't so good for birdseed. ;)
Good idea, If they are taken down for winter,
Fossis.............
 
fossis said:
sell 4 at $5.00 each=$20.00
40 at $1.50 each=$60.00
---------
$80.00 total
-$10.00 purchase price
$70.00 profit

Fossis................. ;D
Or plan B, decorate the wife's flower beds.


Your about right. I looked them up, and they are going for about $2.00 a piece. Nice find!

John
 
blurr said:
fossis said:
sell 4 at $5.00 each=$20.00
40 at $1.50 each=$60.00
---------
$80.00 total
-$10.00 purchase price
$70.00 profit

Fossis................. ;D
Or plan B, decorate the wife's flower beds.


Your about right. I looked them up, and they are going for about $2.00 a piece. Nice find!

John
Thanks for the info,

Fossis..................
 
Green Frost said:
I think I'd go with plan A ??? lol, Nice Find

Thanks Green Frost, I hope to sell them this fall
at a Festival I attend every year,

Fossis....................
 
If there are any colorful ones they can sell for way more than a buck. Plain colored ones are a lot more common, however. I recently sold 1000 common insulators for $150.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom