What's new

old knife

Moe (fl)

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
731
Reaction score
98
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this at the beach after storms.

Is this a survival knife? It is 6-inches long. It could be older. The handle is wood.

Thanks.
Moe
 

Attachments

  • p1.webp
    p1.webp
    8 KB · Views: 545
  • p2.webp
    p2.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 525
  • p3.webp
    p3.webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 528
  • p4.webp
    p4.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 525
  • p7.webp
    p7.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 521
  • p9.webp
    p9.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 522
  • p12.webp
    p12.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 506
looks like a rusted Ka-bar survival knife to me.
 

Attachments

  • images.webp
    images.webp
    1.1 KB · Views: 463
Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies. I agree that the handle is leather stacked rings. Is it a WWII utility knife?
 
Upvote 0
It looks like a hunting knife I had back in the late 70's
It had a leather handle like that, I lost it then found it then lost it again.
 
Upvote 0
I showed the knife to a local archeologist and was told that this is a belt or hunting knife from the mid 19th century. These knives were popular between 1830 - 1870. He thinks it was probably lost by a fisherman.

HH!
Moe
 
Upvote 0
I agree, it looks like a fairly common K-bar knife to me. They were advertised as being U.S. Marine Corps combat knives and a few actually were while the remainder are copies made for the civilian market. They have been around as long as I can remember and you can still buy them. I have one somewhere? Monty
 
Upvote 0
It looks like the knife I found but a little bit older.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0288.webp
    DSCN0288.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 229
Upvote 0
you say the handle is wood? (or is it steel with stacked leather rings ?) --- if a steel inner handle with stacked leather rings --its more likely modern -- if a wood handle inner core handle older most likely .
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Old Knife?
Replies
16
Views
2K
Replies
13
Views
953

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom