Old lantern piece

OP
OP
cajundetector

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
Hi my name is Brent and I have been detecting in southeast Louisiana for about 4 years. Here is my find from today. Not the most stunning however significant to our history. Piece off a kerosene lantern

Attachments

• 4697E130-54B7-4A1B-8F70-0012CAB8FFD9.jpeg
    4697E130-54B7-4A1B-8F70-0012CAB8FFD9.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 45

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning and welcome to TNet where all finds have a story to tell. The size of that burner is a bit big for a typical lantern. That I believe would be part of a burner from a antique kerosene chicken coop heater.

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
cajundetector

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
Good morning and welcome to TNet where all finds have a story to tell. The size of that burner is a bit big for a typical lantern. That I believe would be part of a burner from an antique kerosene chicken coop heater.
Oh wow!! Thanks for the insight!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi my name is Brent and I have been detecting in southeast Louisiana for about 4 years. Here is my find from today. Not the most stunning however significant to our history. Piece off a kerosene lantern
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool

OP
OP
cajundetector

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS over to TODAY'S FINDS! for more exposure.

tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum NEW MEMBER INSTRODUCTIONS Description: New to TreasureNet? Introduce yourself to our community here! Welcome aboard and Happy Hunting!
Thank you!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cajunbear

Apr 12, 2023
Hi! I have been metal detecting in southeast Louisiana for about 3 years. Decided I would join. This is my find from today. Piece off of a kerosene lantern. Not the most stunning piece however significant to our history.
Cajunbear here. I'm from south Louisiana. Just starting the hobby.
I live near Breaux Bridge currently but have lived in Denham Springs, Harvey and Plaquemine as well. I've only played around in my yard to learn my machine. No real hunts yet. I'm wanting to go to City Park in New Orleans. I'm sure its been cleaned out by now though. If you ever want to partner up, let me know.
Danny A-Bear

OP
OP
cajundetector

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
I live near Breaux Bridge currently but have lived in Denham Springs, Harvey and Plaquemine as well. I've only played around in my yard to learn my machine. No real hunts yet. I'm wanting to go to City Park in New Orleans. I'm sure its been cleaned out by now though. If you ever want to partner up, let me know.
Danny A-Bear
Comment ca va Danny!
Danny A-Bear
comment ca va Danny! Good to see someone from Cajun country on the site. I live in Morgan city. Any time you wanna link up just message me and we can do it— Thib

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions