What's new

Old lens? Any help would be great.

niffler72

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2010
Messages
26
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Jersey
Detector(s) used
BH LandStar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
I foundthis today at a town sale. I'm not sure what it is but I liked it. It has no markings and weighs about 3-5 pounds. The lens is glass, the whole thing is brass. The rear is threaded and the inside of the front is also threaded. Its curved but doesn't really magnify that much.
Any one have any ideas?
Thanks
 

Attachments

  • Super lens 009.webp
    Super lens 009.webp
    87.4 KB · Views: 327
  • Super lens 009.webp
    Super lens 009.webp
    87.4 KB · Views: 320
  • Super lens 011.webp
    Super lens 011.webp
    93.2 KB · Views: 312
  • Super lens 009.webp
    Super lens 009.webp
    87.4 KB · Views: 327
  • Super lens 010.webp
    Super lens 010.webp
    77.8 KB · Views: 321
  • Super lens 008.webp
    Super lens 008.webp
    94.3 KB · Views: 311
Something off a movie camera maybe? Those old cameras had all kinds of threaded lenses and filters and protective covers. Usually painted or coated black on the bezel so as not to reflect light. I'd guess you have something like this.

OT
 
Upvote 0
Looks like an old lens for a light to project more light. Like a pool light cover but probably an outside building light cover :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Should be numbers around the outside edge. That's the only to tell what it is . Tony
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the input. It is 5 inches across and 1 3/4 inches wide. There isn't a single marking on it. The only thing is it has a small dimple on the rear threads. Its very small and appears to be from the maker.
 
Upvote 0
There is no way for me to tell for sure, but it looks like the front part of a copy lens off of an old process camera. I used to have a process camera in my camera collection at one time and this really looks like the front objective.

Doug
 
Upvote 0
Hi,

To me it looks like a lens from a darkroom enlarger. I have collected them from several garage sales.
The reason it doesn't magnify much is that you need several of them in line to both magnify and also
maintain the sharpest focus of the original negative. None the less, they are a nice hunk of glass!

Steve
 
Upvote 0
I would have guessed it was a lens from some sort of theater lighting. Well heck I did guess after all! Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom