What's new

Old Lock from my Place

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
1,726
Reaction score
455
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Old Lock from my Place

I was hoping since you had some books on Locks, that you could possibly date and give some info on mine it is 4" in length and 2 7/8" at most width. I found this in my Yard about a week ago with some other Great Finds.

Thanks for any Help,

Nova Treasure
 

Attachments

  • Old Lock found by Draped bust Dime.webp
    Old Lock found by Draped bust Dime.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 237
Re: Old Lock from my Place

its definitely 1800's I'd say mid to late civil war Aura
 
Upvote 0
Re: Old Lock from my Place

Nova, I hope you get a solid id on this, as I found one in my yeard too, about a half inch narrower and brass, but with the same key style. (sorry about the jersey sand leaking out and obscuring it!) I'd guessed early 20th century based on the type of key?
 

Attachments

  • lock.webp
    lock.webp
    37 KB · Views: 189
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom