What's new

Old Log Cabin

fossis

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2007
Messages
7,837
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Location
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detected around an old log cabin a few days ago in Western AR,
it sets a few hundred yards off the main road, it is almost fallen over, & there are hugh rat nests in the corner.
M y Mother, who is 87, used to play with a little girl who lived here, I found a bottle under the cabin, a toy car, broken iron pot, broken glass, broken pottery, part of a toy gun, railroad spike, etc..
The hand dug well has old tires thrown in it.
I spent a peaceful afternoon there, saw a deer run by at the edge of a meadow, sad to see it rot away, old cabins are rare.
Fossis..................
 

Attachments

  • IM000955.webp
    IM000955.webp
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,469
  • IM000954.webp
    IM000954.webp
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,461
  • IM000953.webp
    IM000953.webp
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,456
  • IM000956.webp
    IM000956.webp
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,461
Gribnitz said:
Looks like its been there so long the trees are pushing it over. Neat picture. I have an old log cabin nearby that has been covered with clap board, so it doesn't look as old until you look inside and see the logs through the walls falling apart. I tried detecting it, but unfortunealty, the place used to be a used car parts place and crap is ALL over in the dirt.

Actually, it's about to rot down, I know what you mean
about all the junk at a parts place.

HH, Fossis..............
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom