What's new

old medal ?

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
1,369
Reaction score
67
Golden Thread
0
Location
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all.I found this a few years ago at a colonial site.I was wondering if anyone has ever seen one like it and if I could get some history on it.It's about the size of a silver dollar and you can see that there was once a bust on one side with writing around the edge on both sides.All I can make out is the eagle with the lettering "Advocate of the American system" and not much on the other.Thanks !
 

Attachments

  • MVC-002S.webp
    MVC-002S.webp
    49.5 KB · Views: 268
  • MVC-003S.webp
    MVC-003S.webp
    54.3 KB · Views: 276
  • MVC-002S.webp
    MVC-002S.webp
    49.5 KB · Views: 265
  • MVC-003S.webp
    MVC-003S.webp
    54.3 KB · Views: 263
Pewter Medallion, popular in the late 19th Century.

Normally commemorating an event or famous person. I think I see 'CLAY' on the head side.



So was there a 'someone' Clay who was an Advocate of the American system?
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Pewter Medallion, popular in the late 19th Century.

Normally commemorating an event or famous person. I think I see 'CLAY' on the head side.



So was there a 'someone' Clay who was an Advocate of the American system?

Thanks Crusader..Yeah I see that now.Henry Clay.....I'll look it up.I was thinking Monroe or Madison ?
 
Upvote 0
Looked it up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_System_(economic_plan) Now I'm hoping someone may have a pic of what the medal would have looked like undamaged ...or any other info ?
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom