What's new

1909 New York Times Essay Medal

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
925
Golden Thread
1
Location
NY
🥇 Banner finds
1
Hi All,

I was out in a colonial field that I only get to hunt for a short time, since they only cut the hay once. Anyways I got a 92 signal on my deus 2 and out popped this nice looking medal. It is only one of one thousand made. In 1909 New York Times ran an essay for kids and had them write about Lincoln. They gave these out to the top 1000 entrants. It seems there were over 10,000 entries. I have included a link if you would like to learn more. The medal was made by Tiffany and company.
If I can find a member of the original owner I will return it to them.

https://www.richardwfox.com/essay-contest

Happy hunting and thanks for looking!!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6166.webp
    IMG_6166.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 191
  • IMG_6167.webp
    IMG_6167.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_6162.webp
    IMG_6162.webp
    2 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_6164.webp
    IMG_6164.webp
    2 MB · Views: 137
Upvote 34
Fantastic find! I voted "banner."v Congratulations! Good luck with the search.
Thank you for the kind words. And yep I hope I can get it back to the family at some point !!!
 
Awesome find, l vote banner.

I doubt the original owner is alive from 1909.
 
Great find :) good luck
 
Thank you, yep seeing if I can find family members. It is worth a shot

Thank you very much !!!
Finding a relative it what i usually hope for
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom