sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro/DP, fisher gold bug 2, Garrett ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I went a bit out of town yesterday to search an old farming area. At first all I was finding was the typical junk. Lots and lots of trash. Started to find a little clad so I stuck it out for a bit. Glad I did. Within about 10 minutes of each other, I found this beautiful 1933 UN PESO silver piece, and a 1901 Indian head. Quite happy! They are both in great condition! Well, for the area I got them in, I would expect them to be a little more worn! Sweet! Super stoked..HH

Sgt

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480525683.718979.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480525722.069543.jpg

Upvote 19
OP
OP
sgtled3533

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you!

OP
OP
sgtled3533

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice saves !
The Mexican coin is one of nearly 44M minted; 72% pure silver.
Don.....

Oh wow! That's good to know. I did a little googling on the peso and I'm happy I found it. Pretty nice big coin!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on those 2 keepers. :occasion14: Your Indian Heads look nice coming out brown, Around here they always come out green.

OP
OP
sgtled3533

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They were both in unbelievable condition for coming out of the ground! Even most of the clad I got was good looking. It's amazing how different coins come out with the change in soil conditions. Must have been some nice soil in the area. I was at a school last week miles from where these were found, and everything I pulled out was that orange/brownish color on the nickels dimes and quarters. Nasty stuff. I got lucky earlier. Best IH I've got for sure

OP
OP
sgtled3533

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome patina on that penny for a dug coin.

Thank you. It wasn't as nice out of the plug, but not bad at all for just a water and brush treatment. Every other IH I've found is almost ruined. Glad to finally get a really nice one

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the nice coins. That BIG silver is really nice.

Very well played sir!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in same area as you (Mendota) and haven't been able to find anything older than 1921 wheatie, great job on finding a place with older coins.I have two 1800's cabins I have been trying to get permission on but no luck so far.

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That's awesome! Those coins are in great condition!

OP
OP
sgtled3533

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in same area as you (Mendota) and haven't been able to find anything older than 1921 wheatie, great job on finding a place with older coins.I have two 1800's cabins I have been trying to get permission on but no luck so far.

Yeah the valley is limited on areas with older coins. However, there is definitely history here...just hard to find an available spot. But hey, I always think back to this story from when I was younger: So when I was about 12, my dad was changing out a water line in our backyard. We lived out in Clovis in the middle of the city in a 1970s track neighborhood. While he was digging, about a foot down he found a BEAUTIFUL 1876 seated liberty dime! I thought it was the coolest thing! And now, I always think back to that and remember that old coins and goodies can be found ANYWHERE! Literally in your own backyard!

Sorry for the long response. Also, I'm sure you've hunted Roeding park in south Fresno. But if not, people pull Indian heads and old silvers out of there pretty often. Also the high speed rail path! Should be lots of buildings coming down. Time to hunt that old ground! HH

Sgt

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah the valley is limited on areas with older coins. However, there is definitely history here...just hard to find an available spot. But hey, I always think back to this story from when I was younger: So when I was about 12, my dad was changing out a water line in our backyard. We lived out in Clovis in the middle of the city in a 1970s track neighborhood. While he was digging, about a foot down he found a BEAUTIFUL 1876 seated liberty dime! I thought it was the coolest thing! And now, I always think back to that and remember that old coins and goodies can be found ANYWHERE! Literally in your own backyard!

Sorry for the long response. Also, I'm sure you've hunted Roeding park in south Fresno. But if not, people pull Indian heads and old silvers out of there pretty often. Also the high speed rail path! Should be lots of buildings coming down. Time to hunt that old ground! HH

Sgt

Hey I hadn't thought about the rail track yeah there should be some, I remember when they were redoing the streets by UMC they found the old trolley tracks under the road.I hit Firebaugh quite a bit trying to find a good spot close to me. Also have tried to find the spot where the original spot for Fresno City was the original spot was out here by Tranquility but was destroyed in a flood so they moved to where Fresno is now.Somewhere around the slough.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds an additions to any collection I find many foreign coins Thanks for sharing!!!!

OP
OP
sgtled3533

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey I hadn't thought about the rail track yeah there should be some, I remember when they were redoing the streets by UMC they found the old trolley tracks under the road.I hit Firebaugh quite a bit trying to find a good spot close to me. Also have tried to find the spot where the original spot for Fresno City was the original spot was out here by Tranquility but was destroyed in a flood so they moved to where Fresno is now.Somewhere around the slough.

Oh wow! I wasn't aware it was in a different location before! Yeah that would be a gold mine! Maybe literally lol. They say research can be the best prep work done before detecting. I've been trying to do the same. Looking at old maps and seeing the best possibilities close to me! Well hit me up sometime if you wanna get together for a hunt! I go out as much as I can! Thanks bud

Sgt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread