Old military ID(dog) tag

Y

yoter

I just read the article in the latest W&T magazine about the found dog tag.  Low and behold I have one nearly identical.  Mine is severely corroded but I think there is enough info on it to do some research.  I just don't know where to start.  Anybody got any ideas?

Scott

From top to bottom on one side the last name is Roth, CPL (Corporal?), MG 48 I?? U.S.A., on the reverse is what I believe to be his service number, 2340431

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would Think someone here should be able to Help.

Upvote 0

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
yoter said:
I just read the article in the latest W&T magazine about the found dog tag. Low and behold I have one nearly identical. Mine is severely corroded but I think there is enough info on it to do some research. I just don't know where to start. Anybody got any ideas?

Scott

From top to bottom on one side the last name is Roth, CPL (Corporal?), MG 48 I?? U.S.A., on the reverse is what I believe to be his service number, 2340431

No makings of what a first name or even first name initial could be? I did a search on ROTH...there are so many. I will continue to see what I can find. That may be a service number....maybe I can find something with that on it.

HH.........Ann

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread