Old mobile home park, in Alb. Good spot to detect? Got permission...

xxJimboxx

Nov 19, 2014
Rio Rancho New Mexico
Detector(s) used
TEK 4000,TEK G2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work in construction building new apartment complexes, we are about to build on a site that had a ton of mobile homes on it. They have all been removed, not sure of when the ground is going to releveled. But the contractor gave me and any friends permission to do some metal detecting. Let me know if interested I can line it up. P.S. I remember this trailer park as a kid and believe its at least been there for 40+ years......

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No doubt there are some goodies to be found....good luck!!! There are 4 sites here in Southwest Florida that I know of that used to be mobile home parks, and I find myself wondering if I should throw down my coil on the local ones.... The 2 here in my county were dismantled after a developer bought them, then the economy tanked, and nothing happened with the land(yet). The other two up in Charlotte County were trashed during Hurricane Charley in 2004, and I am afraid that the ground would be an aluminum siding/scrap nightmare. Let us know how you do, curious to learn about your trash to treasure ratio...HH!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dirt fished a defunked trailer park, I guess a few the trialers that weren't moved got crushed and tore up then covered. I dug alot of aluminum and copper. I was about to leave, when I dug my last hole, I pulled out a green encrusted coin. After my 1st attempt at electrolysis, I found that it ws an indian head penny. You never know what was dropped there over the years before it became a trailer park. The park I dug was older and did not have concrete slabs that the trailers park on. Good Luck and HH

threecats407

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I'm going to be curious to see if something happens across the street from the apartments my daughter lives in. That was a pretty big trailer park that's been empty for quite some time.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get ready to dig 100's of pulltabs and beavertails unless you just discriminate on up to coin area! Should be some good finds among the aluminum canslaw and beaver tails.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Another thought for detecting. Try to find out where old drive-in-theaters were. I found one near where I live and it was closed 35+ yrs ago. It's now an unpaved auto lot and I haven't asked to detect it yet.

DadOfTwo

Nov 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT, Vulcan 360 pp.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Trailer park in Albequerque? Probably find knives and bullets. Maybe a gun or two.

I grew up in SW CO and our 3 tv channels all came from Albequerque. Lots of stabbings on the news.

Last edited:
OP
OP
xxJimboxx

xxJimboxx

Nov 19, 2014
Rio Rancho New Mexico
Detector(s) used
TEK 4000,TEK G2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol Albuquerque is a bit of wild west type town, but it has its good sides as well. I havnt had a chance to fish this old trailer park yet, my work schedule has been hectic. I still would like to though. I wish I had more time on my hands but construction is feast or famine, so I must take advantage and feast while I can..... HH all....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread