What's new

Old old rope with rings found in Rhode Island tree- what was it used for?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bev
  • Start date Start date
Looks like it was used for skinning. Hard to tell from the pictures but looks like hemp rope with some nylon or poly rope added later.

Hey learning & Googlin is half the fun of it!!
 
I have some great friends I detect with now and the best thing is when it comes to relics, they could care less. I have a cardboard box set up in the bottom of a paper bag in my trunk where I dump all my trash and stuff not immediately interesting. When it's full I go through it all with a fresh perspective. They chuck their relic stuff right in there too. I pull it out and Google the crap out of it! I love the investigation part!
 
I'd say it was used to skin dear. I tried to skin a live one once, only once! Got the whey knocked outta me too. LOL
Nevada Coyote
 
Bev said:
I have some great friends I detect with now and the best thing is when it comes to relics, they could care less. I have a cardboard box set up in the bottom of a paper bag in my trunk where I dump all my trash and stuff not immediately interesting. When it's full I go through it all with a fresh perspective. They chuck their relic stuff right in there too. I pull it out and Google the crap out of it! I love the investigation part!
Can I borrow your friends? Pretty nice having hunting partners that fill your goodie bag for you!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Less digging more finds can't go wrong :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom