Old Permission - Field 3 - Day 4 - Both halves of a ROMAN SILVER & a Stunning 20th LD Button 1779-83

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the weather was good & the weekend looks a little hit or miss, I took the day off to continue the big grid on this field.
I solo hunted for just over 5 hours with a couple of good finds.
I also bumped into the farmers son who said I still had a few weeks left on the crop! Result! (I was going to call it quits after this weekend)
I'm aiming to finish the whole of the top section of this field & leave the bottom for another year.

GNR Railway Button
Lead Medieval Button
14th & 16th C Buckles
1 lead token & 1 folded in half
1 scrappy
Neolithic Flint
18th C Clog Clasp
Stunning (one of my best) 20th Light Dragoon's Officers Button 1779-83. They thought this one was a good example;
Interesting history;
Finally found this nice Roman Silver I was hoping for but its in 2 halves. They were very far apart, so I was lucky to get them. I think its a Valentinian II, but I'll let Cru'dad do the leg work!

PS. Looking at our Records it's the first silver of this Emperor!

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 20

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More nice finds, Cru! Congratulations!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the weather was good & the weekend looks a little hit or miss, I took the day off to continue the big grid on this field.
I also bumped into the farmers son who said I still had a few weeks left on the crop! Result! (I was going to call it quits after this weekend)
I'm aiming to finish the whole of the top section of this field & leave the bottom for another year.

GNR Railway Button
Lead Medieval Button
14th & 16th C Buckles
1 scrappy
Neolithic Flint
18th C Clog Clasp
Stunning (one of my best) 20th Light Dragoon's Officers Button 1779-83. They thought this one was a good example;
Interesting history;
Finally found this nice Roman Silver I was hoping for but its in 2 halves. They were very far apart, so I was lucky to get them. I think its a Valentinian II, but I'll let Cru'dad do the leg work!

View attachment 2145628 View attachment 2145629 View attachment 2145630 View attachment 2145631 View attachment 2145632 View attachment 2145633 View attachment 2145634 View attachment 2145635
I imagine finding the other half doesn't happen often...the dragoon button looks new... fascinating history....amazing...and love the neolithic flint... can't wait to hear more from Cru'dad!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great saves !!
Reverse of coin appears to be Victory walking left, holding wreath and palm branch. Mintmark TRPS (Treveri; Trier, Germany)
Don in SoCal
Yeap & a Valentinian II, as I first guessed. Its our first silver of this Emperor!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GNR Railway Button
Lead Medieval Button
14th & 16th C Buckles
1 scrappy
Neolithic Flint
18th C Clog Clasp
Interesting history;

PS. Looking at our Records it's the first silver of this Emperor!

View attachment 2145628 View attachment 2145629 View attachment 2145630 View attachment 2145631 View attachment 2145632 View attachment 2145633 View attachment 2145634 View attachment 2145635
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread