What's new

Old permissions and street tear hunts.

DW Dirt Whisperer

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2014
Messages
558
Reaction score
941
Golden Thread
0
Location
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
2 Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got permissions to go back into an old smelter site in Thursday. Pulled out a 1943 merc and a 50th golden anny token from asarco smelter. On the way home I past a street tear out in downtown EPT. I was there early this am to get in an undisturbed hunt. My first two digs were a 1950 time and a 1942 quarter. Some of the ground was fair to dig and some was just as tough as steel. After the first 2 digs it slowed way down for the next 3 hours then bam. A 1914 d barber dime. It's was a 3 silver Saturday dig. I'll take it. Enjoy the pics. Gonna try and go back tomorrow hit a different part of the tear out. They were working on it today. Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • 1465677913186.webp
    1465677913186.webp
    61.3 KB · Views: 183
  • 1465677926208.webp
    1465677926208.webp
    9 KB · Views: 177
  • 1465677940398.webp
    1465677940398.webp
    73 KB · Views: 185
  • 1465677958618.webp
    1465677958618.webp
    59.4 KB · Views: 192
  • 1465677983422.webp
    1465677983422.webp
    35 KB · Views: 191
  • 1465678016358.webp
    1465678016358.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 1465678028950.webp
    1465678028950.webp
    11.1 KB · Views: 179
  • 1465678045141.webp
    1465678045141.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 1465678059519.webp
    1465678059519.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 180
  • 1465678069620.webp
    1465678069620.webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 183
Upvote 32
Good stuff right there.... Street tear outs are great, huh?
 
One bunch of bodacious finds & congrats on your outstandiing silver coins and tokens. Thanks for sharing your pictures and story with all of us and I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED
 
One bunch of bodacious finds & congrats on your outstandiing silver coins and tokens. Thanks for sharing your pictures and story with all of us and I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

Thank you
 
Nice finds there dirt whisperer u almost caught up with me on my street tearout finds of mercs
 
What a great day. Congratulations. Thank you for sharing.
 
Nice pile of silver.
I have yet to come across a street or sidewalk tear out but I always have my eyes open.
 
I forgot to post a pic of the anniversary token for asarco. So here it is. Hope you can see it. Thanks for looking again.
 

Attachments

  • 1465873730416.webp
    1465873730416.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 1465873743335.webp
    1465873743335.webp
    11 KB · Views: 109

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom