What's new

Old pewter button with 77 on it?

DetectorMoe

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2013
Messages
906
Reaction score
4,405
Golden Thread
1
Location
SouthEast North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox800, ATpro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found at colonial homesite today.. This buttons looks like there this a 77 in the middle?? This is the best photo I can get of it.. What do you guys think??

IMG_2313.webp IMG_2314.webp
 
Looks like the upper part of an anchor to me.....
 
Upvote 0
I don't think its a 77.. Now I look at it closer, I think its a 37? So I found this online.. 37th Regiment of Foot British Officers button..
37th regiment pewter button.webp 37th 1105201723...webp
 
Upvote 0
I think it actually looks more like a messed up 17. The 1 got kinda bent out of shape.
 
Upvote 0
I don't think its a 77.. Now I look at it closer, I think its a 37? So I found this online.. 37th Regiment of Foot British Officers button..
View attachment 1877308 View attachment 1877310

your buttons construction is pewter...the pic you're comparing it to is a silver faced copper button a completely different construction.
the officers pattern is very close to yours which may date just post war....still, a darn great find!
 
Upvote 0
I think it is 37 too but I can't find one like it. If anyone can help you ID it Don Troiani would be the one. Here's his e-mail address:
chainshot@aol.com
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Pewter eagle button
Replies
1
Views
493
Replies
11
Views
812
Replies
12
Views
857

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom