What's new

old plantation finds need some help

csa-digger

Jr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Garner, nc
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250, garrett GTI 2500, tesoro tejon
i found this stuff at an old plantation site
 

Attachments

  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    209 KB · Views: 621
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    209 KB · Views: 607
Lead solder stick ...might be National Lead Co. ...999 may mean pure lead. :-\
 

Attachments

  • Lead11-23.webp
    Lead11-23.webp
    133.3 KB · Views: 615
  • Lead11-23.webp
    Lead11-23.webp
    133.3 KB · Views: 590
Upvote 0
LOL I just realized its 666. :-[ ty just-geese
 
Upvote 0
I have seen these used to seam joints in copper gutters and down spouts.

Years ago, I was working for a roofing company.My company was hired to replace the slate roof and gutters/down spouts on the Admin. building (Golden Dome) of the University of Notre Dame.

Sheetmetal workers(tin knockers) would have a propane heater pot.In the pot were like smelting tools,which would be glowing a red hot in color.

Tool in one hand and lead rod in the other.Putting the two together, melted the lead to the seams.

I was a carpenter on this project replacing the wood that formed the gutters with copper plate overlay.
 
Upvote 0
I agree,
heated and poured and packed in to plumbing joints
Brady
 
Upvote 0
Need to mark this one solved just1man.


Go back to your original post

Click on Modify

Click on Message icon down arrow

Click on Solved.

The green check will appear. solved check.gif
 

Attachments

  • solved check.gif
    solved check.gif
    589 bytes · Views: 263
Upvote 0
nice to have markings to go by!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom