What's new

Old Pocket Watch Casing?

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This was found on a site where I have found Revolutionary war relics. I have found casings similar in the past but, this one seems quite a bit older. What would the era be of this?
 

Attachments

  • DSC00036.webp
    DSC00036.webp
    90.1 KB · Views: 344
  • DSC00037.webp
    DSC00037.webp
    76.4 KB · Views: 348
  • DSC00038.webp
    DSC00038.webp
    69.4 KB · Views: 335
  • DSC00039.webp
    DSC00039.webp
    92.4 KB · Views: 335
Hard to say? Doesn't seem to be a wind up stem. Could have been a compas or a picture or...? I'd go back near that spot and see if I could find any gears or watch parts. Monty
 
Upvote 0
No, I did not find any parts but, admidst the casing was this pottery which is white on the face and chocolate w/brown type swirl. could this help date the piece?
 

Attachments

  • DSC00040.webp
    DSC00040.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 329
  • DSC00041.webp
    DSC00041.webp
    94.4 KB · Views: 313
Upvote 0
I really have know clue on the casing or pottery, but that has to be one of the nicest looking dug "V" nics I have ever seen. Full Liberty and all! :thumbsup: Wish they come out of the ground looking like that here.
 
Upvote 0
Not all watches were stem wind. I'll concur it looks like a pocket watch casing, probably keywind from the back.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • 567565.webp
    567565.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 408
  • TRU05-EHowardInkwellClock-DialBezel-MED.webp
    TRU05-EHowardInkwellClock-DialBezel-MED.webp
    29.5 KB · Views: 136
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom