OLD POSTCARDS

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
I don't really collect them, but I do have a few hundred. Are these from locations or are they birthday, Christmas, Etc.....

tattooedmomma

Aug 5, 2008
My mom collects the old bright colored ones with funny stuff on them... do you have any? if so how much to purchase?? thanks Brandy

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
I collect stamps and postal covers. I'm always on the lookout for old mail. The older the better. I bought a pound of stamps on cover from Mystic about 6 months ago (may have been a half pound). I had a blast digging through them (couple of 1920s)
But i found 2 old postcards a while back and just got them because I was getting all of the mail that had stamps on it anyway. One from spain and one from hawaii. both from around 1950 i think.
When i was young, my parents had a retail store for years. this was in the 80s. they went to this guy whose job it was to tell people how to promote their business. they started having this sale every year, where you would do all kinds of different stuff to earn points, and whoever got the most points one different stuff, like a ceiling fan or something. Well, they did get a lot of business. I remember one of the things you had to do was name all 12 of the reindeer, and you earned so many points for the day.
But another thing was that you had to bring in a post card. I remember some really old, and erotic ones. We had a whole wall of them, but i think the customers got them back after the sale was over.
Well, thanks for the stroll down memory lane.

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scubasalvor said:
I have a lot of old picture postcards from the 1920's. Anyone collect them?
I collect Erie,PA. items&would concider buying any cards you may have from Erie,pa.(NOT SENT TO Erie,PA.)if i DO NOT have them! Thank's!!!

Attachments

• 2 466.jpg
    2 466.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 290
  • 2 466.jpg
    2 466.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 293

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread