Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
BioProfessor said:
What was he problem?

Daryl

Sounds like you ran into some lead ores and got frustrated.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Maybe you were a little too close to the track. There should be stuff away from the tracks and rocks. remember the train is going pretty fast and anythig that falls hits the ground at the same speed. It will roll and touble for quite a ways.

Daryl

Seajay

Jul 6, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Garrett's CX w/Bloodhound, GTA 500, Whites PI
Abuddy of mine is southern Colorado found some type of railroad "nails" while searcing along the Santa Fe rail line. I'm not talking about spikes, but rather nails. If I remember correctly they are brass(?) colored and have two digits embossed or imprinted on them. These digits correspond to the date they were produced. For example, 09 would represent the year 1909. I do not know what they were/are used for, but found them to be interesting. Perhaps someone else has encountered these as well and can shed some light on their use.

Seajay

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seajay said:
Abuddy of mine is southern Colorado found some type of railroad "nails" while searcing along the Santa Fe rail line. I'm not talking about spikes, but rather nails. If I remember correctly they are brass(?) colored and have two digits embossed or imprinted on them. These digits correspond to the date they were produced. For example, 09 would represent the year 1909. I do not know what they were/are used for, but found them to be interesting. Perhaps someone else has encountered these as well and can shed some light on their use.

Seajay

Scroll up to Erics Post.

Date nails were used so they would know how
long since the track was inspected & declaired safe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread