OLD RAIL ROAD TRACKS.

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
I have found this:

Dated RR Nails from the Santa Fe RR. In the middle of the desert South East of Albuquerque, NM

Attachments

• RRnail1.jpg
    RRnail1.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 445
  • RRnail2.jpg
    RRnail2.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 444
  • RRnail1.jpg
    RRnail1.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 447
  • RRnail2.jpg
    RRnail2.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 450

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Locks,coins,tokens,and alot of what is its ;D AA

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
I find tons of spikes and an occasional flatten out coin. I have yet to find a lock, it is on my list. I did find an old engineers control door, it was 12 inches by 12 inches, heavy and decorated. I gave it too a friend who is a RR freak!!!

OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Cool....to date I found some old spikes, horse shoe, wheaties and some rocks that I think are just lead ore..

RD

HotTexas

Jul 11, 2007
If its property owned by the railroad, you are trespassing. I have read story where they got there detectors taken away and fined.

rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007
They gotta catch me first......anyhow when I am detecting along the tracks all they have said to me is don't get hit by the train and good luck :)

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They always say what u find never had a problem :) AA

OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Yep! won't stop me.Unless its private property then I'll ask.
As far as I'm concern everything else is up for grabs.Try to take my machine and I will give you the evil eye!!!!!badge or no badge.I leave no trails and I think it's time for them to do something better with our tax money."YOU HAVE TO FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT" :-[

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Back about 30 years or so ago, they started posting all the land I used to hunt. It was land owned by the Pulp Wood companies - Georgia Pacific and such . They posted the land in response to possible lawsuits by people who might get hurt on the land - fall in an old well, etc. So the land was legally posted but they really didn't care if you hunted it. They were just protecting themselves in case somebody got hurt, they could say they were trespassing on the land. I would bet it is the same thing for the railroads, legal protection if you get hit by a train or something - hey some of those headphones are really good.

Daryl

OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
BioProfessor said:
Back about 30 years or so ago, they started posting all the land I used to hunt. It was land owned by the Pulp Wood companies - Georgia Pacific and such . They posted the land in response to possible lawsuits by people who might get hurt on the land - fall in an old well, etc. So the land was legally posted but they really didn't care if you hunted it. They were just protecting themselves in case somebody got hurt, they could say they were trespassing on the land. I would bet it is the same thing for the railroads, legal protection if you get hit by a train or something - hey some of those headphones are really good.

Daryl
That sounds more like it.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Texas i wonder if different RRs enforce it more i search the Southern Pacific.Oh by the way its in the middle of town and i dont wear my headphones. 8) AA

HotTexas

Jul 11, 2007
I sure some care and most don't, but ya know how it is. ya show up with a metal detector and ya get an evil eye from some one so thy all the cops.

I've have read more than one story about getting booted and fined, so I've never tried.

I would love to try, in some old towns I know where some old depots are and most have grass
strips, it would be a lot of fun.

But I'm scared. javascript:void(0);
Grin

JimmyT

Jan 13, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
The thought about them protecting themselves against law suites is right on. When the RR police see someone they in most case just detain you and take all of your information and place it in the computer. If at a later date you wind up getting yourself hurt on RR property they can say that you had been warned and they let you go because you promised never to trespass on their propriety again. The RR I was with the Police were instructed to do this and the company figured it would save them 10,000 dollars in legal fees just to prove you guilty.

Later Jim

OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
looks like a steel penny or miss struck Lincoln.. Filled dye.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dunn1866 said:
looks like a steel penny or miss struck Lincoln.. Filled dye.

IF Steel it would be Rust

IF Miss Struck someone put another Die in :P

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just realized why you said Steel.

The grey pic is a Negative image.