What's new

Old re loading equiptment for brass shotgun shells ?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
19,212
Reaction score
12,627
Golden Thread
1
Location
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure this is the place to post this. I have a couple of old reloaders for the brass shotgun shells. I can not find any markings on them or similiar examples. Was wondering the age and hopefully manufacturer. They have been in the family probably since they were used. The shot measure does not go with the items.
Thanks for any help.
TnMtns
 

Attachments

  • 000_0026.webp
    000_0026.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,716
This just seems to be the brass resizing tool and primer punch. What is weird is I have two of them??? The measure is CW I think not the shot gun stuff.
I cant find any marks or similiar items to judge age?
 

Attachments

  • 000_0046.webp
    000_0046.webp
    36.8 KB · Views: 3,315
Upvote 0
primer punch
 

Attachments

  • 000_0047.webp
    000_0047.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 959
Upvote 0
The pics from my 1909 Sears Roebuck paper shell crimpers look similar. They also sold a 6, 7 and 8 piece set for paper and brass shells. Thats all I got.

They may have been ordered from an earlier Sears mail order catalog.
 

Attachments

  • MVC-023F.webp
    MVC-023F.webp
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,052
  • MVC-024F.webp
    MVC-024F.webp
    81.3 KB · Views: 927
Upvote 0
ok saw your catalog and saw the powder measure. It looked familiar. I umm have one. I think you are right it was a set at one time. It always had the brass shell in one of them but do not think it was for brass. It does not have anything on the end for an attachment where you put an arrow. So around 100 years old. Not bad. So maybe not the same model but looks like a green check to me.What do you think??
 

Attachments

  • 000_0050.webp
    000_0050.webp
    43.6 KB · Views: 708
  • 000_0051.webp
    000_0051.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 683
Upvote 0
I would hold off on the green check. The loading sets came in pasteboard boxes and could have gotten thrown away. I like the prices. Sears Roebuck manufactured there own, it says.

Heres the powder measure top left. 10 cents.
 

Attachments

  • MVC-023F.webp
    MVC-023F.webp
    150.6 KB · Views: 794
Upvote 0
Looks like some nice tools in the background. Is that a circular wood plane? Looks like a very old Stanley #113 type 1. Just a guess. :wink:
 

Attachments

  • MVC-024E.webp
    MVC-024E.webp
    6.5 KB · Views: 2,729
Upvote 0
Ok. Its weird that I have two identical pieces one primer punch and the powder measure.
I am sure I do not have a case. It seems it could have been for brass.
The shell was marked,, UMC Co. Bridgeport Conn. A. 12
 
Upvote 0
Im thinking its an older set for brass shells. The missing part may be for crimping paper but I am just guessing. But it has the basic resemblance to Sears Roebuck.
 
Upvote 0
TnMountains said:
Ok. Its weird that I have two identical pieces one primer punch and the powder measure.
I am sure I do not have a case. It seems it could have been for brass.
The shell was marked,, UMC Co. Bridgeport Conn. A. 12
Post a pic of the shotgun shell headstamp and someone will date it. http://members.shaw.ca/cstein0/umc.htm
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Looks like some nice tools in the background. Is that a circular wood plane? Looks like a very old Stanley #113 type 1. Just a guess. :wink:

you sleuth yeah the 113 is a beautiful piece of work . Its huge. Here ya go.
Type 1 - (1877 to 1880)
 

Attachments

  • 000_0053.webp
    000_0053.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 500
  • 000_0052.webp
    000_0052.webp
    43.4 KB · Views: 601
Upvote 0
They dont make 'em like they used to. Made in the USA, New Haven, Conn.
 
Upvote 0
Will plane and shave to this day. I like old tools and such.
Here is the brass shell casing.
 

Attachments

  • 000_0055.webp
    000_0055.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 704
Upvote 0
TnMountains said:
Will plane and shave to this day. I like old tools and such.
Here is the brass shell casing.
Ahh UM CO / Remington Arms in Bridgeport Connecticut right down the street from where I live that place was booming in its hay day now that remains are abandon brick buildings.
 
Upvote 0
I think the Green Check is in order here. Thank you.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom