Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: old record albums 33's & 78's

creeper71 said:
I PASSED UP ON 300-400 70'S ROCK LP S on freecycle Cause most of them are junk aka dust collectors

I hear that Rob, I had them and thought I would offer them before they got discarded. I had a couple of old Beatles and Kiss albums that some guy offered me quite abit for, so I was glad to part with them. Don't know much about the old records and figured they were pretty much obsolete.
I really enjoy finding old bottles and such and have been finding alot of pottery, porcelain finds. I just like collecting everything when space allows.

Bill

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010

Vinyl records sell pretty well for me at a flea market we are set up at.

Nearly all of my albums are marked $1-$3 each...old country sells the best. I cannot hardly give away a 78 though.

At those prices, you won't get rich, but when you can buy 100 albums for $3 for the whole lot, those added sales start making a difference each week. I probably sold 50 albums last month.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

I'm selective about what I buy UNLESS I am getting a killer deal (like $5 for 100). I have been pricing the ones that are common or less popular or in bad shape at $5 and under (most for $1) and selling those at the flea market. There are literally "packs" of guys that go around just buying up records. The ones that are more popular or rare I price at 9.95 and sell those on ebay. So far I have sold a bunch this way and it has been quite profitable. Last month I picked up an entire stack of GOOD classic rock albums that had been in a flood for $1 total! I threw away the moldy records and cleaned up the rest and already made at least $50 off those. My biggest problem is that I personally collect records so often my best finds end up in my own collection... Its my weakness.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread