AT Pro
AT Max
Racer 2
CORS Fierce coil
CORS Fortune coil
CORS Scout
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out for a couple hours and found a old brass ring with the glass still intact. It's in great shape for it's age.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1491185245.978688.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1491185289.576111.jpg

While walking along I found this nice looking arrowhead.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1491185420.984100.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1491185461.007589.jpg

On the way out I stumbled along this 1883 IHC!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1491185788.014076.jpg

Nice day to be out.

Upvote 21

I need to do a little research.
However, the metal looks bronze, the form & casting is correct for a circa 1680-1720 type. Common for these to have Stuart Crystal or glass/paste inserts. Sometimes called trade rings when turning up in Canadian/US context.

Here is another example that I found the other day in the same general area that appears to be soldered together.View attachment 1435455View attachment 1435456

Could these be wedding rings? The pics seem to reveal a little gold plating?

This is very different, notice the metal is more brass like & was gold plated, this indeed is late 19th C.

Nice finds!!
Love finding those old brass/copper rings!!

Congrats on the nice finds!
Good assortment of goodies.

I need to do a little research.
However, the metal looks bronze, the form & casting is correct for a circa 1680-1720 type. Common for these to have Stuart Crystal or glass/paste inserts. Sometimes called trade rings when turning up in Canadian/US context.

Any additional information would be much appreciated.

Like I always say, that makes little difference, unless you told me it was found in context in a sealed archaeological layer.

Not saying it is 17th C yet, need more photo's, but it is a very similar, form, stone & manufacture.

The Ring could have been owned or in a Family for a couple generations then lost in the 1800's , You Never Know.

I have never found a 'For Sure' Point in my life. I will be a Banner Day for me when I do.

Nice condition on the Indian Princess as well.

Nice Finds, I agree with Crusader 17th-18th century Fur trade ring. Whatever site you are on must have been a significant area to have all that history!

The Ring could have been owned or in a Family for a couple generations then lost in the 1800's , You Never Know.

I have never found a 'For Sure' Point in my life. I will be a Banner Day for me when I do.

Nice condition on the Indian Princess as well.
Of course I never assume it was lost at the time. I only try & make accurate IDs first not assumptions based on the other finds or the Site. Victorian Rings sometimes had Roman Intaglios.
This circa 1650-1750 (wider range than I first thought) is just 1 clue, now it's down to the OP to find more. The more clues, the stronger the theories become & we all like working in theories or speculation just like the Archies do. But they need to start with a grain of truth.

Wow, I never would have know. Thanks for the information.

Yes, by 100-150 years . Thanks again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back