What's new

Old river gives up more coins.

Smoogle

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2011
Messages
814
Reaction score
262
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Coast NSW.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Three quick hunts (3-5 hrs in total) into the bottom of the staircase in the old river, I've pulled 52 coins still in a very small area. Today's highlights being the 1946 Shilling (90%) silver and a 1934 penny. Couple of tokens and badges but not even any junk jewellery beside an early hoop? I was thinking with so many old coins 1c and 2c pieces there must be gold there but it is hard yakka, got to catch it on a really low tide I think, the site has shallow semi-exposed bedrock a little further out - I can't scoop here and will have to learn fan sand I guess.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2536.webp
    IMG_2536.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 797
Upvote 0
Nice coin finds, Smoogle :headbang: ...and I LOVE that cat!! :hello2:
 
if there is a current and the stuff is on top of the clay or bedrock, fanning is easier than digging!
R
 
Whatever it takes to get the keepers Smoogle.
I'm sure you will find a way. Well done.
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom