Bartek

Apr 5, 2014
Northern NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying to id this (rosette)? It’s a hand holding a rose. What do u guys think??

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1553547966.498313.jpg

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
It doesn't look like a rosette to me, but it is very Victorian. I think it is either a brooch or a big button.

Upvote 0

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is a great looking piece with plenty of detail. Congratulations. It looks to me to be about the right size of a bridle rosette. Someone will be along shortly with a positive ID.:icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

Machkin

Nov 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. Just spitballin, out in left field, throwing a noodle at the wall. If found near an old homestead could be a part of a Curtain holdback/tieback, but like I said just a wild guesstimation.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bartek

Bartek

Apr 5, 2014
Northern NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. Just spitballin, out in left field, throwing a noodle at the wall. If found near an old homestead could be a part of a Curtain holdback/tieback, but like I said just a wild guesstimation.

It’s an old area with few homesteads so the curtain holdback is something to look into.

Upvote 0

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My first thought was... it has to do with mourning, as in, the death of a loved one.
Funny, but I don't see it being a rosette... possibly coffin decoration? :icon_scratch:

"The rose is considered a symbol of balance. The beauty of this flower expresses promise, hope, and new beginnings. White roses symbolize purity, mysticism, and a secret admirer. Red roses are typically thought of as symbolizing romance or passionate love, but they also represent sacrifice or memorial."

Dave

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread