Old sayings

Maybe you are a codger? Or a character. It seems yoy went to Catholic school when it meant sonething. You are virtually a Navy Seal surviving that :)

i can honestly say i truly feel like a veteran. and that on top of all the a.d's i took.................sheesh !

how do i type that sound ? when you stick your tongue between your lips and blow ? yeah and my thumbs are in my ears and my fingers are flailing around. so take that ! and that !and that too!

Right out of high school I had a boss that was the super on a couple of big construction jobs. The crew would usually gather in his trailer on Fridays at beer-thirty after work. He would always remind us- "I'm in charge! You do the listening, I'll do the talking!", to which I once responded "Then you do the thinking, we will do the drinking!"

He didn't like that, cost me a case of Budweiser to get through the gate next Monday. :laughing7:

I don't think it was an actual "whale" but I heard people say, "I'll whale the tar out of you." Pronounced whale.
Thinking Nomad got the tar whaled out of him by more than a few nuns :laughing9:
Oh that somehow reminds me. Rode hard and put up wet.

how do i type that sound ? when you stick your tongue between your lips and blow ? yeah and my thumbs are in my ears and my fingers are flailing around. so take that ! and that !and that too!

Kinda like brrraaack?

Never. Heard couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.

I never heard it either. I found it looking for something to post. It pertains to someone giving advice or complaining about a problem but not giving any real help.

ie: I hear what you’re saying, but it’s all to the tune the old cow died of.

Here, nomad, you can use this. LOL

01952CB5-9FDE-4966-9E4D-571D992B8B3E.gif

I think to type it would be something like pblfftt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back