• Old Galere?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Need help.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
U

udomexico

Hello,
found close to the beach an old shipwreck, buried with sand, about 20 meters deep. All you can see is a gallion figur like a woman and symbols like monkey faces. Who knows about?
The wreck is in the sea of cortez Sonora, Mexico.
We want to go after as soon as possible, before others do.
If you are interested or know what kind of wreck it could be, please send amail to Udo under: [email protected]
Thank you and best regards
Udo

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Udo,

Nobody will be able to hazard a guess about this supposed wreck without a lot more information. Perhaps it's just me, but I do not understand how you can describe features or shapes such as a woman or monkies' faces if the wreck is lying under 20 metres of sand. Are you saying that you can actually see a female figurehead or some artefacts that are above the sand ?

Mariner

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I assume he means it is 20 meters deep of water, and ship is mainly buried in the sand. Right?

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Stevemc,

My mistake. I believe you are right. However, if those bits of the wreck that are exposed have not rotted away, then the wreck may not be all that old. I don't suppose you have any photographs, Udo, or a better description of what you can see?

Good luck with this project.

Mariner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread