Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out a yesterday during a much needed rainstorm...and was scouting out some areas I had researched..After getting rained on for about 3 hours, i was heading back to the car when I got my first GOOD deep signal.

Dug down about 6 inches and out popped this little charm..I was pretty stoked!, I would have LOVED to have found a class ring..

So I was pretty happy walking back, wasnt even swinging and got another faint deep signal...dug down...and Bam...a little silver ring..it looked fairly old, missing the stone. But hell, I'll take it.

All and all, it wasnt too bad of a day for getting rained on for 3 hours..lol

I actually was looking to see if i could find who this belonged too...i know its nothing like returning a classring...i just want to see how my investagating skills are

Charm Reads:

Name: CES
School :NS (Northside Highschool, Fort Worth)
Year: 1959

I found a guy in 1958 Yearbook that his name is Charles Shulze, and he has a son named Chad E Shulze...So maybe Charles has the middle name with an E ?
Just not sure if a "Charm" was something a guy wore in the late 50's-60s

Attachments

• Charm.JPG
    Charm.JPG
    880.3 KB · Views: 135
  • Ring.JPG
    Ring.JPG
    359.1 KB · Views: 117
  • Both.JPG
    Both.JPG
    462.6 KB · Views: 127
  • SG1L5728.JPG
    SG1L5728.JPG
    471.6 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 2

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
CONGRATS ON TWO GROOVY, UNUSUAL SILVER FINDS! :hello2: :icon_thumright: To me, your silver graduation scroll is even BETTER than a class ring because I've never seen a scroll like that.

I graduated high school in 1960 and don't recall the guys wearing charms on neck chains, but maybe his mom gave it to him and he HAD to wear it for a while, lol
:tongue3: . Boys and girls alike were wearing metallic lapel pins signifying various academic honors, like foreign language excellence, band or orchestra achievements, National Honor Society, etc., so I COULD see a guy wearing that scroll on a neck chain. That era was also the most popular time of charm bracelets for teen girls.

I have a ring that belonged to my mother that is similar to the ring you found -- mine is set with a dark yellow faceted topaz and looks very classy. With a nice stone, yours would look lovely again! HAVE FUN! Andi

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATS ON TWO GROOVY, UNUSUAL SILVER FINDS!:hello2: :icon_thumright: To me, your silver graduation scroll is even BETTER than a class ring because I've never seen a scroll like that.

I graduated high school in 1960 and don't recall the guys wearing charms on neck chains, but maybe his mom gave it to him and he HAD to wear it for a while, lol
:tongue3: . Boys and girls alike were wearing metallic lapel pins signifying various academic honors, like foreign language excellence, band or orchestra achievements, National Honor Society, etc., so I COULD see a guy wearing that scroll on a neck chain. That era was also the most popular time of charm bracelets for teen girls.

I have a ring that belonged to my mother that is similar to the ring you found -- mine is set with a dark yellow faceted topaz and looks very classy. With a nice stone, yours would look lovely again! HAVE FUN! Andi

Well, thats reassuring I wasnt sure if this was a "Girls" thing or not.

I sent out an Email to the man I belive it could be, ironically he works in the same industry I do...Just waiting to hear back!

Fix

Oct 17, 2012
Southern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro with a 15 inch DD WOT coil.
Deeptech Vista Gold.
AT Max.
Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool finds. I love finding old stuff that's dated.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggin-N-Dumps,
Congratulations on some interesting finds and Congratulations on trying to locate original owner, they would likely be around 73 years of age and I would think they would be thrilled or at least pleased to have the graduation ring returned to them. If this fellow is not the correct person possibly they can tell you who it actually belongs to. Best of success with finding the owner.......................63bkpkr

Of course if after trying as hard as you have if the owner can not be found then you can keep the ring without feeling poorly about not finding them. You know, good deeds are still rewarded!

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggin-N-Dumps,
Congratulations on some interesting finds and Congratulations on trying to locate original owner, they would likely be around 73 years of age and I would think they would be thrilled or at least pleased to have the graduation ring returned to them. If this fellow is not the correct person possibly they can tell you who it actually belongs to. Best of success with finding the owner.......................63bkpkr

Of course if after trying as hard as you have if the owner can not be found then you can keep the ring without feeling poorly about not finding them. You know, good deeds are still rewarded!

When it comes to something like this...even a ring..I always think about how great I would feel having it returned to me

So here is who i think it may be...of course it could be a long shot...But this guy went to TCU here in Fort Worth in 1961...so its close to the time frame of him graduating

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=70533136&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=AzlI&locale=en_US&srchid=950136731378211300637&srchindex=15&srchtotal=21&trk=vsrp_people_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A950136731378211300637%2CVSRPtargetId%3A70533136%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread